APT Counseling Services, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6978 Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. APT Counseling Services, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
As an ACEP (Approved Continuing Education Provider) through NBCC, all Continuing Education Hours are accepted by the GA Licensing Board per Rule 135-9-.01 Requirements for Continuing Education.
Navigating Intake in Therapy
July 27, 2019 & August 10, 2019
5351 Sidney Simons Blvd
Columbus, GA 31904
Participants completing this program should be able to:
1) identify client intake questionnaire, consent for treatment and limits of liability, Authorization for use or disclosure of protected health information, Patient Rights and HIPAA Authorization, and cancellation policy as appropriate intake paperwork.
2) analyze specific categories within the intake paperwork for best practice standards.
3) discuss changes in Georgia Mandating Reporting Law
4) interpret HIPAA privacy rule in releasing medical records for insurance audit.
5) List information HIPPAA requires to be excluded from psychotherapy notes.
- Best Practice: is a method or technique that has consistently shown results superior to those achieved with other means, and that is used as a benchmark.
- Client Intake Questionnaire is for the purpose of getting to know clients better in order to provide the best possible mental health services.
- Personal Information is any factual or subjective information.
- History is a narration of the events which have happened among mankind.
- General and Mental Health Information: Basic information about physical condition, mental health, and activities.
- Family Mental Health History client provides information on family psychiatric history.
- Consent for Treatment: Given a healthcare provider permission to treat you.
- Limits of Liability cover counselors from allegations that alleged personal injuries
- Limits of Services and Assumption of Risk explains the risk and benefit of therapy.
- Limits of Confidentiality the therapy session is confidential.
- Exceptions to confidentially there are certain circumstances confidentially can be broken.
- Duty to Warn and Protect therapist has the right to protect clients and others.
- Abuse of children and vulnerable adults suspected abuse must be reported state to agency or legal authorities.
- Prenatal Exposure of Controlled Substances therapist must report any admitted prenatal exposure to controlled substance.
- Minor/Guardianship Parents or legal guardians of non-emancipated minors have rights to access the clients’ records.
- Insurance Providers and other third -party payers are given information they request regarding services to clients.
- Medical records requested by insurance company is following HIPAA privacy rule for covered entities
- HiPPA section: 164.506 indicates the routine form that you have the member to sign( permitting you to bill for care is sufficient for disclosures to carry out health care operation.
- HIPPA section: 164.501 the definition of health care operations includes conducting quality assessment and improvement activities.
- Georgia Law on Mandating Reporting Georgia has a specific list of people who must report, including “child service organization personnel.
- Patient Rights specifies client rights about authorization under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability ACT of 1996, as amended from time to time “HIPPA”
- Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information a form given healthcare providers permission to release medical record.
- Psychotherapy Notes recorded by a health care provider who is a mental professional documenting or analyzing the contents of conversation during a private counseling session.
- Cancellation Notice policy informing client of how missed appointments are handled.
If you need ADA accommodations, contact Dr. Pass-Turner at (706) 366-0960.
There is a $15.00 administration fee on cancellations. Tuition $125.00
APT Counseling Services, LLC
1501 13th Street Ste. R
Columbus, GA 31901